Top 5 Things We Should Have Since It’s The Future:
5) Food pellets. Because, while I know some of you are totally into your food, I’m not always that way. If I had a totally filling yet completely neutral method of getting my nutrients, I’d probably be all in for that time saver.
4) The instant sober, no hangover pill: This would be a drug company ad I could go in for. I just hope it doesn’t come with the nausea, indigestion, stomach upset, headache–after all, that’s what we’re aiming to avoid.
3) Flying cars. Just. Because.
2) The Transporter beam. Now, I know that would seem to make the whole flying car thing moot, but really, flying cars are just fun so can that argument. For long-haul, quick delivery travel, we want transporters. Think about how much less we’d all hate the TSA if they queued us up to walk into a little scanny thing only instead of getting virtually strip-searched, we were zipped off to Grandma’s in less than 2 seconds instead of going off to sit in crappy waiting room chairs and being forced to purchase food items at a criminal mark-up.
1) The automatic sock handler. I HATE dealing with socks in the laundry. I hate trying to find them all to put them into the washer. I hate trying to match them up, I hate actually putting them together. Loathe it. Despise it. Always have. It’s tedious, and you have the perpetual odd-sock issue. Since my youth I have dreamed of a machine that would collect, wash, match and fold all the socks at the touch of a button. WHERE IS THIS I ASK YOU?!?!? Did we really need 3 different gaming system platforms? I think at least ONE of those companies could have put a little effort into making my life easier. I can make a little avatar of myself jump all over a damned TV screen, but in order to do it, I have to find time to get all the sock laundry done.
The future is here. I’m tired of waiting. Give me my technology, damnit!